DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “New York City Sport Landscape – Analysing City’s Sport Profile, Events and Sponsorships” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
New York’s high density of franchise teams and venues makes it one of the largest sporting markets in the world, with 14 major sport teams and nine venues.
Furthermore, the five major leagues in North America are all headquartered in New York, underpinning the city as the continent’s sporting capital. This large sport market has proved a valuable marketing partner for the city’s financial and business district, with several banks and financial firms, headquartered in New York, currently securing marquee sponsorship assets in the city at the US Open, New York Marathon and with the numerous franchises.
Looking more closely at the city’s tourism, New York is the most popular city destination in the USA, with the Big Apple welcoming 66 million visitors in 2019, of which 13.5 were international arrivals, highlighting the need for suitable infrastructure to accommodate large influxes of people. To this end, New York sees a transport network of 6,000 subway cars and 4,000 buses, with three airports servicing its metropolitan area.
“The biggest sponsorship agreements in New York’s sporting landscape are with firms based in its financial district, and other internationally known financial businesses. New York’s reputation for both finance and sport combines in these instances, with firms such as Met Life, Amex and Chase Bank all seeing the value of New York’s sporting sector as an effective marketing partner.
This city profile analyses whether New York City has the tools to be able to take on large scale sporting events, while also looking at the biggest stakeholders within the city’s sporting landscape and annual events hosted in New York, such as the US Open and New York Marathon.
This analysis also uncovers the lure of New York based sporting properties, with New York sides in the NFL, NBA and MLB holding some of the biggest sponsorship deals within their respective leagues. With New York having a worldwide reputation for sport and finance, these two industries often collide with some of America’s biggest stadium naming rights deals, with the New York Jets, New York Giants, New York Mets and Brooklyn Nets, all boasting stadium naming rights deals with financial firms.
This profile will also consider New York’s tourism hosting capabilities, looking at specific metrics surrounding travel and hospitality, and how this tie into the city’s sporting market in 2021.
- The four biggest partnerships in New York’s sporting landscape are with financial companies, underscoring the close ties between New York’s sport market and financial district.
- The New York Marathon is one of the major marathons in world running. The New York Marathon’s title sponsorship deal with Tata Consultancy Services the biggest title sponsorship of any marathon event, with the New York’s event one of the most participated in the world running series.
- This city profile provides an overview of New York’s sporting landscape as well as an analysis of the city’s infrastructure and ability to host large scale participation events.
- Data surrounding venue partnerships and the city’s largest deals are included to provide an understanding of the biggest players within New York’s sporting ecosystem.
Reasons to Buy
- Uncover the decision making behind New York’s biggest sponsorship deals.
- Understand the infrastructure behind New York tourism, and how this impacts its ability to host large scale sporting events.
- Overview of the biggest sporting sides and venues in New York.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Information and Background
3. Event Landscape
4. Sponsorship Landscape
- New York Jets
- New York Giants
- New York Knicks
- Brooklyn Nets
- US Open
- Chase Bank
- Citi Group
- Met Life
- New York Yankees
- New York Mets
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wlyo59
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900