Freelancers are among the early adopters of NFTs and taking full advantage of the exploded interest in this new digital technology
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Fiverr International Ltd., (NYSE: FVRR), the company that is changing how the world works together, has revealed new data showing that 64 percent of U.S.-based freelancers have profited from selling NFT-related services. The company, in partnership with Censuswide, surveyed over 1,000 U.S.-based freelancers to get their perspective on the new technologies, specifically how they use them, and how they plan to take advantage of them in the future.
Fiverr has seen exceptional growth in both supply and demand for NFT-related services on its site. From Q3 to Q4 of 2021, the number of freelancers who listed gigs on Fiverr for NFT services increased by 278%. The technology has also provided incredible monetization opportunities for the platform’s global community as worldwide freelance earnings for NFT services on Fiverr increased by 374% from Q3 to Q4 of 2021.
“NFTs are becoming a fantastic way for illustrators, artists, designers and developers on our site to monetize their skills and work with businesses and individuals investing in this space,” said Gali Arnon, CMO of Fiverr. “The fact that over three in five freelancers are already earning income by selling NFTs and related services showcases the foresight freelancers have when it come to staying on top of the latest technology trends. It also shows the massive economic opportunity that NFTs, and related services such as blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and the Metaverse, have for the freelance economy.”
Several key themes around NFTs and the Metaverse emerged from the data include:
Freelancers are pioneers in utilizing emerging digital technologies.
They recognize how much potential there is selling NFT-related services while, more generally, understanding the opportunity the Metaverse presents.
- 64% of freelancers surveyed claim to have already profited from the sale of NFT-related services.
- 48% said they have profited from the sale of metaverse-related services.
- To add to that, 83% of freelance respondents said that they plan to adapt their current offerings based on the growth they’ve seen in this space.
- 54% said that they can see themselves earning an additional $2,600 to $5,200 per month by monetizing their blockchain-related skills.
NFTs are dominated by younger men. But women are out-earning in the metaverse.
Men are taking advantage of NFTs more than women, however the numbers are close. And women seem to be staking their claim in the Metaverse.
- 68% of men have profited from NFTs as compared to 54% of women.
- 84% of males plan to adapt their services due to the growth in Web3 as compared to 80% of females.
- Males also feel they have higher earning potential, with 40% saying they feel they can earn an estimated $2,600 to $3,900 more a month through NFT and Metaverse-related services versus only 28% of female freelancers who feel they can add that much to their monthly income.
- Women are out-earning men when it comes to the Metaverse with 61% of female freelancers claim to have earned from the sale of metaverse-related services compared to only 45% of male freelancers.
There is an age gap, but not as much as people might think.
Interestingly, the older respondents are, the more likely they are to have profited from Metaverse versus NFTs.
- 70% of respondents ages 45-54 claim to have profited from the Metaverse, while only 39% of the respondents ages 25-34 have.
- On the flip side, 70% of respondents ages 25-34 have profited from NFTs versus 52% of respondents ages 45-54.
Freelancers are optimistic about the opportunity, but not ignorant to some of Web3’s challenges.
- 54% are concerned about privacy and cyber threats.
- 39% are concerned about regulation or lack-there-of.
- 37% believe there is lack of knowledge and insight around this space.
- Another 28% are fearful for the lack of in-person connection that comes with Web3.
For more information on the survey and to access some of Fiverr’s top talent in the NFT space, please click here.
Fiverr’s mission is to change how the world works together. Since 2010, the Fiverr platform has been at the forefront of the future of work connecting businesses of all sizes with skilled freelancers offering digital services in more than 550 categories, across 9 verticals including graphic design, digital marketing, programming, video and animation. In the twelve months ended December 31, 2021, 4.2 million customers bought a wide range of services from freelancers across more than 160 countries. We invite you to become part of the future of work by visiting us at fiverr.com, read our blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.