Preview, Export and Convert InDesign Files
SANTA ANA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#indesigncc2020–Markzware, software developer for the printing, publishing and the graphic design industries, today launched IDMarkz™. This application acts as a “hub” for Adobe InDesign files. In a nutshell, IDMarkz displays InDesign file previews, exports InDesign files to IDML and image file types, plus converts or opens InDesign files in other DTP applications.
Markzware helps to democratize Adobe InDesign content for use in many popular desktop publishing applications. Users can open, preview, export, convert and automate the conversion of Adobe InDesign (.indd) files. For the file previews, IDMarkz uses its own engine and technology. IDMarkz doesn’t rely on InDesign’s often low-resolution or non-existent file previews. The application generates its own, high-resolution preview.
Early users of the application have been giving rave reviews. Beta tester, Karsten Risseeuw of Kursiv software, said, “Amazingly simple. Wow! Very clever, how Affinity Publisher already is integrated. But, also, QuarkXPress, and other Adobe products. InDesign files, Drag-and-drop…I’m impressed!”
Long-time graphic designer and freelance design consultant, Glen Saville, said, “Have been using the final release, great job! It’s already saved my bacon, I needed to open my CV, and it was in CC (Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud format) and IDMarkz saved the day. Within a minute, I was editing it in InDesign CS6!”
IDMarkz Features include:
- Open InDesign files CC 2020 in earlier InDesign versions, and in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, or Illustrator.
- Preview any Adobe InDesign file and view basic file info. Zoom previews and drag thumbnails from the preview area, to create a PDF of the page.
- Export InDesign files as IDML, (even without a Creative Cloud subscription), PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF.
- Create PDFs with editable text, from older InDesign files; annotate in Acrobat DC, then open in InDesign CC 2020.
- Convert multiple Adobe InDesign files to InDesign Markup Language (IDML), without a Creative Cloud subscription.
- Automate the file conversion process.
System Requirements, Pricing, and Availability
IDMarkz is available online in three forms: as a full-featured perpetual license, as a paid subscription license, and as a limited freebie (which displays InDesign file previews). IDMarkz can be purchased through the markzware.com website or through authorized Resellers. Pricing is $199 for the perpetual license version, and $149 per year for a subscription. System requirements include macOS 10.12 or higher, 4GB of RAM, 1024×768 display, and an internet connection.
Markzware, a privately-held company based in Santa Ana, California, is the leading software publisher providing solutions for document previewing, data conversion and print quality control. Markzware supports major graphic software layout applications used by printers, publishers, and graphic arts professionals, worldwide.
©2019 Markzware, Inc. All rights reserved
Mary Gay Marchese