KBRA Releases “KBRA Clips: Update on Geopolitics and Oil: The Great Disruptors”
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) releases “KBRA Clips: Update on Geopolitics and Oil: The Great Disruptors.” In this short video update, KBRA’s Managing Director of Sovereigns ratings group Joan Feldbaum-Vidra responds to rising geopolitical risks in this sector. She discusses the countries KBRA believes to be the main disruptive forces in the oil markets at the present juncture and more. This clip is based on KBRA’s recent research, Update on Geopolitics and Oil: The Great Disruptors.
The main takeaways from this clip include:
- The U.S. is a powerful disruptor due to its size, its growing oil production, and the role of the U.S. dollar.
- Libya and Nigeria represent the biggest oil market disruptors in terms of domestic political risk.
- Iranian and Venezuelan oil production will continue to fall over the near to medium term.
- Security events in Strait of Hormuz are likely to rise.
- Global demand is slackening, accelerated by heightened trade conflict. KBRA expects further downward revisions to global growth, and we are concerned about China’s growth outlook, in the context of its heavy indebtedness.
To watch the full video, please click here.
Related Publications: (available at www.kbra.com)
CONNECT WITH KBRA
Download the iOS App
About KBRA and KBRA Europe
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider, and is a certified Credit Rating Agency (CRA) by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered with ESMA as a CRA.
Joan Feldbaum-Vidra, Managing Director
Corinne Hill, CFA, Senior Director, Sovereigns
Van Hesser, Senior Managing Director, Financial Institutions and Corporates