ALL ABOARD! IMDboat Sets Sail for San Diego Comic-Con With Host Kevin Smith, Top Stars and Brands, Parties, Fan Experiences and More
IMDb Coverage of “Comic-Con International: San Diego 2019” Includes A Star-Studded 6-Hour Live Broadcast on IMDb, Twitch and Twitter and an Avengers Cosplay and Fan Meet-up with the Russo Brothers and Surprise Guests
Sponsors Include Soylent, The LEGO Group, Wendy’s, comiXology and Amazon Fire TV
SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–IMDb (www.imdb.com), the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, today announced that writer/director/podcaster Kevin Smith will host three days (July 18-20) of original celebrity video interviews with casts from the biggest movies and TV shows including Riverdale, Veronica Mars, The Walking Dead, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and more during “Comic-Con International: San Diego 2019.” To follow exclusive IMDb coverage of San Diego Comic-Con, including original celebrity interviews, breaking news, expert analysis, trending information, a 6-hour live show, field pieces shot around the convention (featuring fans, cosplay and top activations) and more, go to http://www.imdb.com/comic-con.
The IMDboat at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Schedule
For the fourth year in a row, The IMDboat will again serve as a floating video and portrait studio and a must-stop destination for talent, industry VIPs and fans. The boat will be docked at Fifth Avenue Landing, immediately behind the San Diego Convention Center, and opens to invited guests and lucky fans on Thursday, July 18. From the public boardwalk, fans can view the massive LED screen located on the back of the IMDboat and watch live as Kevin Smith interviews leading celebrities.
IMDb events and coverage on and around the IMDboat at San Diego Comic-Con include the following highlights:
- From Thursday through Saturday (July 18-20), IMDb will produce original video coverage on the open-air top deck, including Kevin Smith’s interviews with the casts of Riverdale, Veronica Mars, The Walking Dead, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and more. Between interviews, on-board talent, showrunners and filmmakers will enjoy a private lounge, cocktails and refreshments, a portrait studio and gifts provided by The LEGO Group, Fire TV, Soylent, IMDb TV, and more.
- On Thursday and Friday (July 18 and 19), a limited number of lucky fans will gain access to the first deck of IMDboat to relax and unwind in the Daytime Lounge, where they can learn more about Fire TV and discover the latest titles streaming for free on IMDb TV by saying “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” Soylent will be providing fans with all the nutrition they need to keep them going strong by handing out their classic ready-to-drink meal as well as their new snack, Soylent Squared. Guests can be among the first to step into character and learn more about the first-ever IMDb animated series You’re Not a Monster, and check out the latest comics, graphic novels and manga titles in the comiXology reading area. Additionally, Comic-Con attendees can play an IMDb trivia game on the massive IMDboat LED screen on the Fifth Avenue Landing boardwalk Thursday and Friday at noon. Fans can follow #IMDboat to learn how to be considered for access to the Daytime Lounge.
- From Thursday through Sunday (July 18-21), IMDb Correspondent Ian de Borja will host daily LIVE streaming coverage of San Diego Comic-Con featuring cast and fan interviews and videos from the convention center and the open-air social studio on the bow of the IMDboat, presented by The LEGO Group. Guests including actress and director Pollyanna McIntosh, the casts of Pennyworth, Emergence and more will discuss their latest projects, and viewers can learn more about the latest product launches from The LEGO Group. Fans can follow along at twitch.tv/imdb and stream live on the Twitch app on Fire TV.
- On Thursday evening (July 18), Wendy’s is kicking off its huge summer event, Wendy’s Baconfest, on the IMDboat, by hosting the first-ever IMDb Fan Party from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. As the #1 seller of bacon cheeseburgers+, no one knows bacon like Wendy’s. Applewood smoked and fresh from an oven daily, Wendy’s Baconfest is the ultimate bacon bash to celebrate fan’s love for bacon. Party attendees will enjoy Wendy’s Son of Baconator, which boasts a quarter-pound of fresh, never frozen-beef, American cheese, plenty of Applewood smoked bacon, ketchup, and mayo, other bacon-inspired treats, dancing, nitrogen cocktails, and receive a special gift bag at the event. Guests will also check out the latest comics, graphic novels and manga titles in the comiXology reading area on-board. Follow @IMDb on Twitter for more details on the party and how to apply for access to #IMDboat. +Source: Based on servings among quick service restaurants over 12-month period ending March 2019. Source: The NPD Group/CREST(R)
- The fourth-annual IMDboat Party, presented by Soylent and Fire TV this year, will take place on Friday (July 19) from 7:30PM to 11:30PM. Special guests include: members of the cast of You’re Not a Monster including Kelsey Grammer and show creator Frank Lesser; Kevin Smith; industry influencers; and more. VIP attendees will enjoy dancing, appetizers, cocktails, gifts and more. This is an invitation-only event.
- On Saturday (July 20), beginning at 11AM PDT, Kevin Smith and The IMDb Show’s Tim Kash will co-host “IMDb LIVE at San Diego Comic-Con,” a 6-hour live-streaming show broadcast on IMDb, Twitch (twitch.tv/imdb), the Twitch app on Fire TV, and Twitter. The show will feature Smith’s wrap-up analysis of the convention and conversations with special celebrity guests including the casts of The Expanse, Supergirl, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and more. Also during the live show, IMDb will debut the trailer for its newest original series, You’re Not a Monster, including special guests Producer Kelsey Grammer and other cast members who will talk about this coming-soon animated series. Viewers will also learn about the LEGO Experience at San Diego Comic-Con from Master Builder Chris Erik Varszegi, and preview the new AI-Hosted Cinematic Board Game “St. Noire” powered by Amazon Alexa.
- Calling all Avengers fans! On Saturday (July 20) starting at 1:30 PM, join Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo and special MCU guest(s) at the IMDboat as they celebrate the in-home release of the film. Costumed guests will be invited to participate in a special Marvel Studios Cosplay photo with the Russo Brothers and their special guests. Additionally, general fans who arrive on-site will be gifted with free SDCC exclusive “Hunka Hulka Burnin’ Fudge” ice cream (while supplies last) to kick off the launch of Marvel Studios “We Love you 3000” 9-city fan tour. For more details, visit www.Marvel.com/WeLoveYou3000.
To follow exclusive IMDb coverage of San Diego Comic-Con, visit http://www.imdb.com/comic-con, follow #IMDboat on Twitter or go to the IMDb Facebook, Instagram, YouTube (imdb.to/SDCC2019) or Snapchat channels. The IMDb San Diego Comic-Con special section, located at http://www.imdb.com/comic-con, currently features preview coverage including an exclusive conversation between Smith and Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo, a Comic-Con events schedule, and more. This year, IMDb is also teaming up with Tenor (GIF Keyboard) to create custom GIFs with talent on the #IMDboat. GIFs can be viewed, downloaded and embedded from IMDb’s official channel: https://tenor.com/official/imdb.
To watch video highlights of original celebrity interviews aboard the IMDboat at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con, go to: https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1612757785.
IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows and celebrities. Products and services to help fans decide what to watch and where to watch it include: the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; and IMDb X-Ray on Fire TV devices. IMDb also operates a free streaming channel, IMDb TV, and produces original video series including “The IMDb Show” and “Casting Calls.” For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDbPro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.
About Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith has been saying silly cinematic s**t since his first film Clerks, released way back in 1994. He had a heart attack and almost died last year but survived solely so he could direct his magnum opus, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. A polygamist, he’s married to both his wife Jen and podcasting.
Soylent is a pioneer in food technology, producing delicious, functional foods, with complete nutrition that are good for the body and the planet. In 2013, the first Soylent meal replacement powder was created to help fill the need for a simpler, more efficient food source. The company has since grown to become both a disruptor and a driver in the Food Tech world. Soylent is on a mission to provide complete, sustainable nutrition that is accessible, appealing and affordable to all, and its line of products are engineered from the ground-up to provide the vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates and protein that the body needs – all in convenient packages. Soylent’s latest online product launch, Soylent Squared, is the first complete 100 calorie mini meal, creating a more nutritious way to get the snack or meal you need when you need it. Soylent’s innovative products include Original, Cacao, and Café Powder, healthy snacking alternative Soylent Bridge, and 14oz Ready-to-Drink bottles available in seven delicious flavors. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. For additional information please visit www.Soylent.com
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, U.K., Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials. Guided by the company spirit: “Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and the brick & knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2019 The LEGO Group.
Wendy’s was founded in 1969 by Dave Thomas in Columbus, Ohio. Dave built his business on the premise, “Quality is our Recipe,” which remains the guidepost of the Wendy’s system. Wendy’s is best known for its made to-order square hamburgers, using fresh, never frozen beef*, freshly-prepared salads with hand-chopped lettuce, and other signature items like chili, baked potatoes and the Frosty dessert. The Wendy’s Company (Nasdaq: WEN) is committed to doing the right thing and making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is most visible through the Company’s support of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and its signature Wendy’s Wonderful Kids program, which seeks to find every child in the North American foster care system a loving, forever home. Today, Wendy’s and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,700 restaurants worldwide with a vision of becoming the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand.
Wendy’s, Quality Is Our Recipe, Frosty, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Wendy’s Wonderful Kids and Son of Baconator are registered trademarks of Quality Is Our Recipe, LLC.
* Fresh beef available in the contiguous U.S., Alaska, and Canada.
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), is a revolutionary, cloud-based digital comics service. With content from over 125 publishers as well as thousands of independent creators from around the world, comiXology provides an unrivaled library of comic books, graphic novels, manga and bandes dessinées. The company’s first-in-class innovations include the exclusive Guided View technology which provides an immersive and cinematic reading experience and a new monthly subscription service. ComiXology is based in New York City, with operations in Seattle and Los Angeles. For more information, visit comixology.com and follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
About Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV is one of the best-selling devices by Amazon, with over 34 million active users worldwide. Fire TV aims to give customers an intuitive, powerful, and content-forward entertainment experience—all at an affordable price. With Fire TV streaming media players, customers can access a vast catalog of content, including tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, as well as over 500,000 movies and TV episodes and thousands of 4K Ultra HD and HDR titles. Plus, since the Alexa service is always getting smarter, Fire TV is going to get even better over time with new features and voice functionality added regularly.
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video channel with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Here’s why fans love it.
- Content You Want to Watch: IMDb TV brings new titles to the service every month, providing viewers with endless options to be entertained and informed. With a wide selection of genres including comedy, kids and family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror and more, IMDb has must see movies and TV shows for all entertainment fans.
- Free: IMDb TV is free. Period.
- Less Is More: IMDb TV has half the ads of network TV.
- It’s. So. Easy. IMDb TV is available in the U.S. on the IMDb website and as a free Channel within the Prime Video app across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the “Your Apps & Channels” row, making it easy to find free movies and TV shows. Using the Alexa Voice Remote or paired Echo device, simply say “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.”
Katie Sann, IMDb PR, [email protected]